The question regarding "registered" and "approved" HIV home test kits have been in the news lately, but the whole matter should be placed in context.
Our HIV home test kit is NOT approved by the FDA, as we are not a USA company and do not have the financial resources to submit our test for FDA evaluation. For this reason our HIV / Aids test is not for sale in the USA.
Our rapid HIV / Aids initial screening test is used all over the world as initial screening tests to assess the status of a client. Our price is quoted in US Dollars (as it is the most known international currency), and the US$ price includes delivery via London (UK) to any part of the world.
Rapid assay devises
"Rapid assay devices" - approved or not, have been used with great success in the past, but the following points must be kept in mind:
- Any HIV home test kits should only be used as a first-line screening test, and if ANY doubt exists regarding either the result, or the health status of the individual, the matter must be referred to a health practitioner.
- Should there be conflicting results, a battery of laboratory tests must immediately be performed.
- The possibility of a false reading with a home assay device does exist, since it is not performed in a clinical location as that of a laboratory, and the instructions may not have been followed correctly.
- Our HIV home test kits are NOT registered in the United States, and therefore is not FDA approved, since our company is not based in the United States.
More information regarding our HIV home test
Our Rapid HIV home test kits are intended as initial qualitative screening assays to detect HIV-1 and 2 antibodies in whole blood within 5 minutes. This should be used for screening purposes.
- It takes up to 12 weeks after the initial infection for any AIDS assay to be able to detect the presence of the antibodies. This is referred to as the "window period".
- Any analysis performed too soon after the suspected infection date will not pick up any antibodies and will give a negative test result.
- The analysis should be repeated at about 12 weeks after the suspected infection date.
- If a patient has engaged in any risky sexual activity during the 12 week window period, a further analysis should be done 3 months after the event took place.
- Treat all blood specimens as hazardous material and it is recommended to wear protective gloves when handling any blood specimens.
- Dispose of any blood specimens immediately after completion in the prescribed manner.
- Do not remove a cassette from its pouch until you are ready.
- When doing the assay, the whole blood specimen must be transferred into the cassette sample collection "well" as quickly as possible so avoid homeostasis in the pipette.
Notes and limitations
Questions that you were to afraid to ask
Please remember - if you have any question regarding your health, or are concerned about the possibility of having this disease, please discuss it with your health practitioner.
Laboratory testing is still the preferable way to test for HIV infection, since it is done in a clinical setting, but should you be concerned about your status after reading any of the facts about HIV infection you could look at our Aids home test kit which is a quick "Rapid" type of test to do initial screening and to ascertain the presence of antibodies. For more on information, please click here.
Our home test kits
|Urine test strips - testing for: |
:: Blood / Hemoglobin
:: Specific gravity
Breast Aware (breast examination pad)
Alcohol breathalyzer (disposable)
Ovulation tests (testing fertility periods or periods when you won't conceive)
|Malaria test kit - testing for:|
:: Plasmodium falciparum (Pf)
:: Plasmodium vivax (Pv)
:: Plasmodium ovale (Po)
:: Plasmodium malariae (Pm)
Prostate test (PSA test)
HIV test /Aids test (testing for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies)
Drug test (5-in-1 assay) testing for:
:: Cocaine (crack and cocaine derivatives)
:: THC (marijuana, weed, grass, hashish etc)
:: Amphetamines (speed, uppers, base)
:: Opiates (morphine, opium, heroin)
:: Methamphetamines (meth, ice, e, ecstasy)